Anyone who is an admin of a group on this site can use this group to chatter about how to best use the site. The site admins will also use this group to communicate changes and to seek feedback on how to make the site work better.
Want to talk about a cool new technology tool? Need to catch up on the latest news from the Distance Education and Online Learning Group? Like donuts?
If you answered yes to one or more of those questions, please join us for some learning technology chit-chat.
Present: Doug Worsham, Sarah McDaniel, Andy Speth, John Thomson, Catherine Stephens, Rosemary Bodolay, Ron Cramer
Guests: Alan Ng, Lisa Jansen
- 12:00 - 12:05: Agenda Overview
- 12:05 - 12:10: Welcome and introductions
- 12:10 - 12:15: Questions and comments on updates
Just a note that the ComETS GAME DESIGN group will be meeting regularly this semester to improve teaching and learning by decosntructing the engagement/appeal/learning in good games, and applying it to teaching.
These are fun meetings, and they challenge participants to approach education in innovative ways.
We invite you to play.
Visualizing the Future: Virtual Reality Leads to Better Reality in Home Care
This is the place to collect our plans for the ComETS bday party. Edit, and be happy.
- Overview of the difference between Communities (SIGs) and Working Groups.
- Active groups: website might not be an indicator, could be a means to find activity in other related groups (even though it seems like duplicating efforts)... group leaders as aggregators of what's happening on campus re their subject;
- Want to encourage leaders to pull activity into the site for current and future other members to track
- Conversation on the site, list, group lists
- Do we need a marketing campaign? What do members know about ComETS?
- What are our demographics like? (do we need lightweight polls on the ComETS site?)
- Need to summarize/distribute survey results... need another survey?
- Let members know what groups are out there, what are they all about, what to add, how to get involved (periodic e-mail?)... group, mission, next activity, how to get involved and/or subscribe (update group subscriptions)
- Find out who members are, who should be in ComETS but are not, what do they want out of ComETS ("why are they here" "what's the reward" ...motivators), where is the interest today/what's an event that would bring members out, what could the group do to help you do your work
- Create an outline of things to go over with Community Captains. Schedule f2f check-in meetings with each Community Captain to discuss their goals, share ideas on building community, share best practices. (Doug added this one in after the meeting)
Feedback, questions or accessibility issues: please contact us and select the appropriate option.